Health insurance marketplace for small businessesTo comply with the requirements of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, states must launch health insurance exchanges that allow eligible state residents to search for, choose and buy health insurance, and small businesses to pool together resources to reduce their insurance costs.
In addition, the Department of Health and Human Services has required that states must meet two deadlines regarding the launch of a state-run health insurance marketplace:
- "Readiness determination" deadline of January 1, 2013 and
- Exchange "Go live" deadline of January 1, 2014.
We help states launch and operate an marketplace that:
- Helps small businesses find affordable health plans that meet the needs of their employees in accordance with the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP)
- Offers a simple, easy-to-understand experience designed for individuals who possess little or no knowledge of health insurance
- Operates cost-effectively and eliminates administrative complexity
- Meets all federal and state regulations and timetables
States have the option to operate separate marketplaces for consumers and small businesses, or to offer a single combined marketplace. WebInsure State provides functionality for both consumers and small business exchanges, and it gives states the flexibility to run a single exchange or two separate exchanges.
Frequently Asked Questions
Watch demo video
Data sheetHealth Exchange Integration
State of the art technology allows health plans to seamlessly integrate with state and federal health insurance exchanges
Do you know