Open Enrollment for the under 65 individual market is officially upon us. As you start to see the increase in leads, emails, voicemails, and paperwork, don’t let your sea of obligations and deadlines keep you from identifying areas of improvement. This open enrollment season take the time (as a broker or an agency) to examine your current Online Benefits Enrollment System technology and processes.
A few questions you should ask yourself:
- Can we make it through this enrollment year with the technology we currently have and effectively serve our new and existing clients?
- What technology options exist that address only parts or all of our organizational and customer pain points?
- What makes sense for us budget-wise; adding one-off software solutions over time or a total replacement technology platform that manages the end-to-end process and administration for us?
- The ability to quote and write multiple products with multiple carriers in one system, including dental, vision, and voluntary; eliminating the need to go to each carrier to obtain my quotes
- A system that created my proposals for me, electronically, in a matter minutes
- The ability to help my clients apply for subsidies electronically and in real-time
- An online benefits enrollment and administration that eliminated paper open enrollment packets including paper applications and benefit summaries
As you go through the next two months of OEP and then the Special Enrollment Period, think through your wish list and how your current vendors are stacking up.
If you’re just starting out on your enrollment technology journey we have a quick and easy checklist you can use in those initial conversations. Download here.
For more great insights, connect with me on Linkedin