RESTON, VA, MARCH 2, 2016 — hCentive, the leader in health insurance exchange solutions has appointed Derrick Cobey as Chief Product Officer, reporting to Sanjay Singh, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer. As head of products and member of the Leadership Team, Derrick will have global responsibility for the company’s product organization to build software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for the government and commercial markets.
- Derrick has twenty-five years of progressive product leadership experience with a range of organizations from Fortune 50 to smaller technology and software companies.
- Over the last decade, Derrick has led the product function for multiple fast-growth technology companies serving markets including healthcare and government, with responsibility for product management, engineering, and SaaS operations.
- Prior to joining hCentive, Derrick was Chief Technology Officer for Mediware Human and Social Services Division, a Human Services SaaS company based in Reston, Virginia. In this role, Derrick led product transformation efforts instrumental in tripling revenue growth. Prior to that, as Senior Vice President of Engineering at PeopleFluent (formerly Peopleclick) and Vice President of Engineering at JP Morgan Chase (through the acquisition of Vastera Inc), Derrick led globally distributed teams to engineer SaaS solutions and enterprise software.
- Derrick started his career at General Electric (GE) as a software engineer and then as a product development manager for GE’s Global Exchange Services business.
- In 2015, Derrick was recognized by Tech Bisnow as one of the Leading CIOs and CTOs in the Washington D.C. region.
- Derrick earned a Master’s in Computer Science from Johns Hopkins University and a Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering from the University of Maryland.
Sanjay Singh, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, hCentive, Inc.
“As we scale and expand our business, we want to strengthen our product organization and capability to build next generation SaaS solutions to support our growth aspirations. Derrick brings proven product leadership and transformation experience from fast-paced SaaS companies, particularly in healthcare and government. We look forward to his ideas and contribution.”
Derrick Cobey, Chief Product Officer, hCentive, Inc.
“My experience with managing product teams and taking products to market for small to mid-size SaaS companies has helped me successfully scale businesses for growth. I look forward to bringing that transformation expertise and culture of innovation and quality to hCentive, a purpose-driven organization with strong values.”
- hCentive – Leadership Team
At hCentive, our mission is to empower everyone to gain access to health benefits. We are a leader in public and private exchange solutions that simplify the distribution and management of health insurance and ancillary benefits. Our WebInsure™ solutions fully support government agencies, insurance carriers, and brokers as they engage consumers and businesses and offer transparent access to benefits choices. Our innovative technologies deliver an integrated online benefits shopping and enrollment experience that is convenient and available anytime and anywhere.